The National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL) is a Chicago-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit that promotes evidence-based best practices within the healthcare leadership, organizational development, and international healthcare spaces. We champion three premier membership programs – the Leadership Excellence Networks (LENS), the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF), and the US Cooperative for International Patient Programs (USCIPP). Each of these programs supports its members through collaboration, education, and research to help them achieve their business goals as they pursue excellence and solutions.
NCHL is dedicated to advancing healthcare leadership and organizational excellence by building diverse, inclusive, and collaborative relationships in the US and abroad. NCHL is widely recognized as the premier source for evidence-based healthcare leadership practices, cultivating communities for peer collaboration across organizations, and collectively developing industry models and benchmarks to improve healthcare.
Annual Impact Report
In honor of our 20th year, NCHL produced our first Annual Impact Report which reflects on the past year from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. Moving forward you can expect an annual edition of this report.
Download the 2020-2021 Annual Impact Report or view it below.
Collaboration, Education, and Sharing
NCHL and its premier programs provide year-round educational opportunities to our members so they may grow their business and reach their objectives. These include:
• Participation in LENS councils, which meet to provide ongoing educational opportunities and discussions
• Organizational and Leadership Excellence Conference & Gail L. Warden Leadership Award
• Access to monthly executive research briefings on the latest in the leadership and talent management literature
• Opportunities to co-develop tools and resources
• NCAF fellows educational events
• Enrichment Series
• Ongoing educational content related to international patient care and collaborations, such as the management of a listserv that promotes sharing and the dissemination of information among members and periodic webinars
• The facilitation of international business development opportunities for members
• An annual meeting for members to come together to share best practices
Data Collection and Research
NCHL engages in research in healthcare leadership and organizational development as well as international healthcare for its program members. Additionally, NCHL has a number of industrywide benchmarking data collection initiatives to help members make critical business decisions:
Healthcare Leadership and Organizational Development
• USCIPP Business Intelligence and Market Analysis
• USCIPP Annual Benchmarking Survey of International Programs in the US
• USCIPP International Patient Experience Initiative ©
• USCIPP International Telemedicine & RSO Due Diligence Initiative
NCHL reconizes individuals and organizations for contributing to the healhcare field through its leadership award programs. These include: