NAFCAS 2021-2022 Dates
NCAF offers a centralized application service (NAFCAS) to simplify the application process for fellowship applicants and administrative fellowship sites. NAFCAS provides a one-stop-shop for administrative fellowship sites, applicants/students, and faculty/staff.
The NAFCAS 2021-2022 has two application cycles:
• NAFCAS Application Cycle 1 will run from June 10, 2021–October 1, 2021.
• Once the application closes on Friday, October 1, 2021, at 11:59:59 PM ET, fellowship sites are able to make formal, written offers as they choose.
• Applicants are not required to accept any offer until November 11, 2021, Noon CT, which is the official offer acceptance day. Applicants may choose to accept, decline, or put an offer on hold. Note: Applicants may only hold one offer at a time.
• Applicants should accept or decline any offers before or on November 11, 2021, at Noon CT. Fellowships may elect to extend offers to alternate applicants for positions that have not been accepted by that time or may choose to provide the applicant with additional time to make a decision.
• If a fellowship site is extending a formal, written offer on or after November 11, 2021, applicants must be given a minimum of 24 hours to make their decision. Again, applicants may only hold one offer at a time.
• NAFCAS Application Cycle 2 will run from November 22, 2021–January 31, 2022.*
*Deadlines may vary for all available fellowship sites.
Applicant Instructions NAFCAS Applicant Portal
Searchable NCAF Fellowship Directory FAQS & Applicant Flow Chart